Translation Service Okinawa – Affidavit


Translation Service Okinawa – Affidavit

Affidavit of Competency to Marry

This is a very common legal translation in Okinawa.  Every US citizen must have this document before they can marry either a US citizen or any Non-US citizen anywhere.

You can download an English copy here – Affidavit-Japanese-Partner-English / Affidavit-US-partner-English

Once completed the document must be brought to the US Consulate  –

Here they will notarize your affidavit. This is done by appointment only * Tel:098-876-4211

or if your a U.S. service member you can have this translated on base. Please contact your legal service office for the nearest notary service office on base.

After it can be brought to Okinawa Translator Office to be translated into Japanese.

Finally bring everything to your local city office. Now your legally married! 



David Higgins is a full time Japanese/English translation company owner located in Okinawa, Japan. David, his wife Hazuki and four employees and various freelancers of other languages run Okinawa Translator. They specialize in translation of all kinds of documents, technical manuals and on site interpreting for instructional safety classes with the military to family reunions. They have expanded they’re business all over Japan and overseas to serve customers in any location.