Family Register (Koseki Tohon)

When you get married to a Japanese national, the Embassy/Consulate of your country in Japan may ask you to submit your Japanese spouse’s Family Register (Koseki Tohon). For US military members, the legal office on your base will ask for your Japanese spouse’s Family Register (Koseki Tohon) in order to use it as a birth certificate and register your spouse into their system.

At Okinawa Translator, we provide translations services for Family Register for you to attach to the original document, which is in Japanese, so that the legal office (or embassy/consulate) can accept your documents.  If you are in a rush to get the translation documents, e-mail us at or call us at 050-5534-5965 to ask us about our expedite service.

David Higgins is a full time Japanese/English translation company owner located in Okinawa, Japan. David, his wife Hazuki and four employees and various freelancers of other languages run Okinawa Translator. They specialize in translation of all kinds of documents, technical manuals and on site interpreting for instructional safety classes with the military to family reunions. They have expanded their business all over Japan and overseas to serve customers in any location.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *