Translation Service Office – Proof of Marriage

Proof of Marriage – Translating from Japanese to English

If you are a US citizen married to a Japanese citizen then you have either a large or small sized marriage certificate. This document is issued by the ward or city office. If your spouse is going to be returning to the US with you having the English translation of your Proof of Marriage will come in handy. For instance when applying for an immigrant visa or a social security card. This document can be translated at Okinawa Translator.  After the document has been translated then it must be notarized.

You must make an appointment online here :

Or call Tel: 098-876-4211

For translation service in Okinawa please visit:



I’m Dave Higgins. I am a legally qualified professional who can translate legal or general documents from English to Japanese or Japanese to English. I can also help translate documents for languages such as Chinese, Korean, Indonesian or Portuguese. My office is located in Chatan, Okinawa. Please stop by or call if you have any questions about translation or interpreter services.

Posted in English Tagged with: , , , , , , ,