Divorce procedures in Okinawa

Contact our translation office if you are on Okinawa and would like more information on the procedures for divorce in Japan.

We can provide services for divorce for a mutual agreement divorce between two U.S. citizens only.

  • Hearing date within 1 month

  • Recognized in the United States

  • No Lawyer Fees

If you would like to learn more about this please visit our website: www.okinawadivorce.com

Today marks our 7th year at Okinawa Translator! 🎉

We will continue to provide accurate language interpretation and translation service while delivering consistent excellent customer service to all over Japan! 🙏






Okinawa Translator提供代表您认证您在日本的中国大使馆和领事馆的法律或个人文件的服务。











Okinawa Translator提供代表您認證您在日本的中國大使館和領事館的法律或個人文件的服務。










Authentication, Legalization & Apostille Services for the Chinese Embassy in Japan

Hi, I’m David Higgins, and I am a legal translator in Japan. I am going to explain our authentication and legalization services for the Chinese Embassy in Japan.

Okinawa Translator offers the service of authenticating your legal or personal documents at the Chinese Embassy and Consulate in Japan on your behalf.

The documents sourced in Japan, intended for use and submission to the authorities in China, must undergo  consular authentication and legalization by the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in Japan.


The examples of documents types that can be promptly authenticated using our services are a public school diploma, a family court issued divorce decree, a police certificate, family registry or a marriage certificate.

These documents must have a three-month issue date to be eligible to have this service completed. If the document is expired and outside of the 3-month validity period, you can have us reissue the document on your behalf.

The examples of document issued not from a Japanese government agency such as statutory declarations, affidavits, power of attorneys or contractual agreements require an additional step.

These documents must first be taken to be notarized by a Japanese notary before being sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

In some instances the original document is in English. If this is the case the document must be translated into Japanese before it can be taken to the Japanese Notary.  Next it will go to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then off to the Chinese Embassy to be authenticated.

Once we receive your document from the Chinese Embassy we can EMS Courier your legalized document back to your location.

If you have any questions about our authentication and legalization procedures at the Chinese Embassy in Japan please contact us or get started by emailing okinawatranslator@gmail.com



Hospital Guide for Okinawa

Okinawa Translator specializes in the field of translation of medical documents. In addition we provide on-site interpreting and appointment reservations for clients requiring translation & interpreting assistance.

Please see the list of hospitals available on Okinawa.

 (Click the link to see the most convenient hospital location options)

General Hospitals

Women Clinics

Psychiatric Hospitals

Plastic Surgery/Liposuction


Once you have decided which hospital you would like to make an appointment with please contact us, providing all the necessary details, so that we can make an appointment for you.

In most cases the hospital will not provide English language support on-site. Okinawa Translator can help you by providing an on-site interpreter for you.

Our company is the most referred translation and interpreting office in Okinawa for medical and hospital language support.

Certified Voting Member – American Translators Association

Okinawa Translator is a certified voting member of the American Translators Association.

After a 2 week background check on our credentials and requirements we passed and are now in good standing for the year of 2018.

Okinawa Translator is up to date on all the happenings in the translation and interpreting industry outside of Okinawa, Japan.

We are now being called upon to vote on relevant translation industry topics and concerns. We look forward to participating and learning about the changing landscape of the translation industry

Okinawa Translator has been helping all of our customers with certified translation services on Okinawa and all across Japan. We feel very honored to be able to offer our translation services and please reach out to us to see if we can help you,


Dave, Hazuki & Kairi.

How to get an Apostille in Japan – Apostille Services in Japan

Reissue a copy of your Japanese Document.

We provide the services of reissuing a copy of your Japanese legal document such as your marriage certificate, family registry, divorce decree or school diploma. Please email us for any inquiries: okinawatranslator@gmail.com


How to get married in Japan for Singapore Passport Holders

Hi, I’m David Higgins, a legal translator in Okinawa, Japan and I am going to explain how to get married in Japan for people who are Singapore Passport Holders.

Getting married in Japan requires legal paper work only. Any celebration, party or ceremony is completely separate and not necessary for a marriage to be considered legal in Japan.

Singapore passports holders need the following documents to apply for for a marriage license to get married in Japan:

The Statutory Document must be issued from within Japan from a Singapore Embassy or Consulate, You can make an appointment here;

If you plan to marry a US citizen, your fiancé must obtain the following:

  • A single affidavit notarized at either a US legal services office, US Embassy or US Consulate.

A passport, birth certificate or naturalization document is required. In most cases the passport does not need to be translated into Japanese but the birth certificate or naturalization document would need to be translated from English to Japanese.

At Okinawa Translator, we provide that service. You can scan or photograph the documents and send them to our email address and we will translate the documents into Japanese on your behalf.

Once the translations are finished, we will complete your marriage application. The marriage application can only be completed only after all documents have been translated into Japanese. These translated documents must mirror the information provided in the originals. The advantages of having all the documents translated at one time by the same translator will be to avoid possible discrepancies that may occur otherwise thereby creating delays in processing.

The marriage application must have two witnesses. My wife Hazuki and I can be your witnesses and as we are both Japanese residents, we do not have to physically accompany you to the city office. If you want to choose your own witnesses, you will need to submit their full names, birth dates, nationalities and local addresses to us. They must physically accompany you to the city office on the day that you get married.

When the above mentioned steps are completed, you will submit your documents to a city office closest to your residence in Japan. If you submit your documents to a town or village office, they may or may not require additional documentation to be translated and submitted. As a result, we strongly suggest that you consult with our office for the appropriate city office for submitting your documents. This will ensure that all submission procedures run in a smooth and timely manner.

The certificates that you receive will be written in the Japanese language. We will translate your marriage certificate into English and provide you with several certified copies in English so you can use these to successfully report your marriage to the authorities in your home country.

If you have any questions about getting married in Japan, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are experts at this process and can alleviate the unnecessary stresses that obtaining multiple language documents can occur during one of the most important experiences in your life. – Dave ( davidvincenthiggins@gmail.com )